Do you even Podcast?
Updated: May 24, 2020
If you had mentioned podcasts to me years ago, I'd have rolled my eyes. These days, it's hard to go a day without listening to one whether it's for work or for pleasure. You will generally find me listening to one whilst I'm getting ready in the morning, in the car driving somewhere or sometimes with my earphones in while I'm doing housework.
There are some great podcasts out there for business, organisation & most importantly mindset which I believe plays a huge part in our ability to work efficiently and get through the day. I tend to find that when my mindset is good, I am efficient and successful at work.
Here are a few of my faves...
1. Happier by Gretchen Rubin - when my Mum passed away and I became 'the matriarch' of the family so to speak, this was a lifesaver. I didn't want to let my family down so I did as much research as I could so that we could transition into this new normal as seamlessly as possibly. Gretchen talks about healthy habits for you and your family, tips for the home, how checklists can save your sanity, how to switch off and so much more. p.s her books are amazing too!
2. The 5AM Miracle - I loved everything about this podcast except one thing. I cannot for the life of me raise at 5am. 6am I can handle but 5am, I'm not a happy girl. In saying that, I have taken on as much as I can from Jeff and try to set myself up for a productive day before I sit down for breakfast. In Jeff's words, The 5 AM Miracle is a podcast dedicated to dominating your day before breakfast. The goal is to help you bounce out of bed with enthusiasm, create powerful lifelong habits, and tackle your grandest goals with extraordinary energy. The core topics include early mornings, healthy habits, personal development, and rockin’ productivity!
3. Manifestation Babe - This podcast changed my entire mindset. I especially love Kathrin's business related posts including how to stop procrastinating, what successful people do, how to overcome fear especially in your business, how to handle negative people and how to manifest the day & life of your dreams.
4. Ted Talks - Available on Podcast, online, in app & via video, Ted Talks covers a huge range of topics. Almost any topic you can think of is covered by Industry experts or those that have experienced things first hand. You'll find yourself making a huge playlist to geth through but don't forget why you're there. To pick up tips on how to get more out of your day.
5. Aubrey Marcus Podcast - A particularly good one for men but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Along with his book 'Own the Day' Own your Life', Aubrey's podcast is a step by step on all of the things that you can do to set up your perfect/optimum day.
Have a listen, let me know what you think and be sure to let me know in the comments what you're listening to and loving right now too.